Friday, January 18, 2013

My Vintage Singer 66 is BACK!

My new baby is back from Johnny's shop and she's running like a D-R-E-A-M! This man is such a sweetie!  Apparently, he got word that I mentioned him in this post so he cleaned and polished all the chrome parts and restored the Godzilla (black crinkle) finish on the machine.... for FREE!  She looks like a brand new machine. I could not be happier! See for yourself with this before and after picture.


AMAZING work he did, eh?! If you are in the North Central Florida area and are looking to have a vintage machine serviced or are on the market for one check him out at The Old Sewing Machine Man website. He also sells parts and accessories for machines and ships worldwide.  He does great work and it's very affordable!

We've sewn on it a bit and W-O-W! First, you can barely hear the machine running!  Definitely cannot compare it to any of my newer machines.  This baby just purrs. It sounds like a treadle machine.  Which is kinda crazy to me since it has a motor! But yeah, so so quiet.

The stitch quality on this machine is RIDICULOUS! And it sews through so many layers of fabric! I plan to do a video review of the machine soon and will show you what it can sew through. 

Well, I'm off to work in the garden with the kids so I'll leave you with some pictures of my new baby!

BEFORE

AFTER! YAY!
My 1938 Singer 66-18 {electric} sewing machine.
Love the scrolling detail on the front plate! GORGEOUS!
Online Quilting Class
 
01 09 10