Monday, January 7, 2013

Teaching Kids to Sew- Tips & Ideas

If you recall from THIS earlier post my son got the sewing machine he asked for this Christmas.  Well, he had two {short} sewing lessons before I decided to film them.  I thought it would be helpful to show you how I'm teaching him to use his sewing machine.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT recommend teaching a young child how to use a sewing machine just based on their age.  Know your child and ONLY teach them to use a sewing machine when you think they are ready.

My son is 3 years 4 months old which is VERY young to start using a sewing machine. However, he is very careful, has great attention to detail and I knew he was ready to learn the basics. Every child is different.

With that said,  click HERE to watch the video or watch it below if you are reading this post on my blog.  

I hope you enjoy it! Feel free to share and pin it too! I hope more parents and grandparents will consider teaching a child in their life how to sew.  It's fun, a great learning experience and a practical skill I feel everyone should have!

{p.s.- Let me just say I am beyond proud of my little man! This was only his 3rd ever sewing lesson and he did an amazing job!}





 
01 09 10