Friday, March 22, 2013

Reversible Fleece Beanie Hat - DIY Tutorial & Free Pattern

 
Believe it or not it's still pretty chilly here in Florida. It's wreaking havoc on my spring planting schedule and I can't wait for it to really be Spring! High 30ºs-40ºs at night is NOT what I was expecting this late in March... oh well! To help me stay toasty I decided to whip up a reversible fleece beanie hat and create a tutorial for you!  It's pretty much the same as my other fleece hat tutorial but this one doesn't have the ear flaps. For that tutorial you can click HERE.   

In this video I also teach you some basics about sewing with fleece fabric including how to tell the pretty side from the ugly (wrong) side, how to lay out your fabric so the stretch is running along the correct grain line, etc.  The FREE pattern is also provided for this project right HERE on my patterns page.

This is a SUPER easy and fun beginner project. It would be great to make with kids and I know a lot of you live in colder places that I so you could still make one to wear this year.  

*BONUS- It's fully reversible so you can make two hats in one!*
 

The fabric I use in this video tutorial was provided by my latest video sponsor: 
www.fabricdiva.com
They have a ridiculous variety of fleece (and other fabrics) and really affordable prices so it's definitely worth jumping over there to check it out.   Click right HERE to see what they got! They even have a fleece hat kit they are selling for my followers! The kits are smaller pieces of coordinating fleece fabric in just the right size to make either of my fleece hats! These kits are a great bargain and she's offering FREE SHIPPING in the U.S. for you too!

Click HERE to view the kit sales!
Straight from the FabricDiva.com website! Choose a solid fleece hat kit or a print/solid combo! FREE SHIPPING in U.S.!
Take advantage of the sale at FabricDiva.com and enjoy my step-by-step video tutorial!






 
01 09 10